So, a while back Career Contessa hosted a free webinar all about resumes. You were able to submit a resume to have it reviewed and luckily I got mine in early so it was included. You can watch the webinar here (and see if you can spot my resume!).
- Here is a great article from Darling Magazine (which I am beyond obsessed with) which shows you how to make your resume uniquely you.
- When you are first getting started this article from Lauren Conrad is a good way to orient yourself.
- This is an article about how to make your resume concise from Levo League. When you have a lot of experience it can be hard to keep to the one page limit, but it can be done!
- Here is an article from The Muse that slightly reframes how to think about your resume. Instead of following all of the "rules" out there you should simply do what it takes to get yourself in front of the hiring manager.
- At the same time, here are some timeless truths from Idealist Careers that you can always count on.
- This is a list of power words from Undercover Recruiter you should consider (read: totally should!) including on your resume.
- If you want to get creative with your resume, check out Whitney's post on the subject and for some inspiration you can look at Pinterest (particularly this board).
Wow, I've thrown a lot of resources at you! Your resume can really make or break you so it is worth it to spend time improving it and customizing it for each position you apply for. I hope this will prove valuable for you and would love to know how you go about making your resume better.
Any advice or tips? What has (or hasn't) worked in your experience?
P.S. Here is a really funny resume for Captain Jack Sparrow! I would love to walk into an interview and present this ;)