Here is a breakdown of what I do:
- First, like I mentioned before, my body naturally wakes up. The time does vary within the 6 o'clock hour, but the majority of the time my eyes fly open at 6:40.
- Next, I lie in bed while checking social media on my phone. A quick scroll through Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest gets my day started with a little inspiration.
- After about 10 minutes I get up and make my bed. This is essential! It's my first "accomplishment" of the day, makes my room look put together, and has been part of my routine since I was 5 years old.
- The fun really begins now when I pick out my outfit for the day. I'll usually check the weather, take a look at my calendar, and then choose accordingly. I love picking out shoes and accessories and putting a bit of effort into my look. I then do my makeup and hair which takes about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Lastly, I put whatever I need for the day into my bag, throw on my coat, and head out the door to breakfast by 7:25 for the dining hall that opens at 7:30.
- After you get up (if you need an alarm, I can't really help too much in that respect. Here's an article about alarm clocks for heavy sleepers), take a few moments to get your mind in the right place. For me, that means looking at social media but for you it could be meditation, listening to your favorite song, or writing a list of what you want to accomplish that day.
- Now, I know not everyone likes to make their bed and that's totally fine (not really, but I'm working on not judging...) but do something that kick starts your day. Perhaps it's answering emails or checking something easy off of your list.
- Outfit time! I'm pretty decisive when it comes to picking out my clothing and accessories, but you can always do this the night before to save time. Like I mentioned, I take into account the weather and my schedule for the day which narrows down the choices.
- Streamlining your makeup routine is a huge help if you want to move quickly. I've been focusing on using the least amount of products possible while still achieving what I want to with my look. You can experiment to find out what's right for you!
- When getting your bag together for the day, already having the essentials packed (like your planner, pens, etc) is a great help so you don't forget anything. Like your outfit, it may even be helpful to pack the night before.
What does your morning routine look like? Any advice to share?