I came up with this DIY as an easy way to take up a huge wall and make my room a bit more personal.
You will need paint, paper or canvas, a printer, scissors, and washi tape.
- Find images online which would make good silhouettes i.e. easy to recognize people, places, things...
- Print and size the images to the paper you are using. For my gallery wall I used 12in x 12in and 8in x 8 in scrapbooking paper.
- Fold the paper over the image and cut out the inside so you create your own stencil.
- Place your stencil on the paper and paint with the color of your choice. I noticed that since printer paper is not particularly thick the paint has the tendency to soak through so make sure you remove it as quickly as possible!
- Use white paint (or whatever color your background is) to clean up the edges of your image.
- Take washi tape and frame the edges.
- Hang up and enjoy!
This is a great project for people (like me) who are not particularly crafty. What do you think of this? Will you give it a try?
-Alyssa J Freitas