I was pleasantly surprised when Zoe from La Vie en Zoe made me a recipient of the Liebster Award which encourages blog readers to "discover new blogs."
Alright, so here are my eleven facts:
- I kept a daily journal religiously from 2009 until 2012 and am doing my best to return to that now.
- I try to wear a different outfit everyday, do well for a while, and then revert to my old favorites.
- I am a complete miser and can actually get angry when I have to spend money.
- Even if I'm not enjoying a book I am reading I feel obligated to finish it and always hold out hope that it will improve.
- I want to own a boat one day but know I probably never will because it is so much work to maintain.
- Going with the nautical theme, I have secret dreams of becoming a pirate but not actually doing anything wrong. Just sailing around in the 18th century, wearing period clothes and saying things like "aye" and "mate."
- My life goal is to set foot on all seven continents.
- Most of the time I am walking around in a Bollywood fantasy, imagining everything as though I am in India, wearing a lengha and there is music playing.
- When I was young I had a fear that we would run out of space on earth but then my family was driving through the countryside and I realized that wasn't likely to happen.
- 3 is my favorite number.
- I have absolutely no propensity for learning foreign language.
- What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is that I will be unhappy with my work.
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? To realize that most things are not a big deal and nearly every decision you make can be modified or even changed completely, so don't worry too much!
- What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you? My mother surprised me by taking me to a show called Mystic India over my spring break. It was a Bollywood dancing spectacular and I could not stop smiling and singing along the entire time!
- What is your order at Starbucks? I don't drink coffee or tea so I don't really go to Starbucks often, but when I do I order hot chocolate (although I don't like it too much so maybe even just water).
- If you could be a character from any book, who would you be? I would be Jacky Faber from the Bloody Jack adventure series (fulfilling that wish of being a sort-of-pirate).
- What is your favorite movie? I'm going to cheat a little on this one. My favorite Hollywood movie is Midnight in Paris and my favorite Bollywood movie is Chennai Express.
- If you could have a meal with any famous person- living or dead- who would it be and what would you eat? It would be with John Adams and we would have prime rib and baked potatoes.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go? New York City because of the access that you have to everything (I'm assuming that money is not an object).
- What is your guilty pleasure tv show? The Bachelor/ Bachelorette.
- If you could have any celebrity's wardrobe, who would it be? Can I just take my entire clothing Pinterest board instead!?!?
- What words do you live by? Keep it simple.
Next are my eleven questions for my nominees:
- What is your life goal?
- What do you wish you had more time for?
- How many languages do you speak?
- What never fails to make you smile?
- Is the glass half full or half empty?
- How many siblings do you have?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What is your all time favorite book (and yes you must pick just one)?
- What should you do less of?
- What should you do more of?
- What is your passion?
Finally, here are my nominees:
Thanks again to Zoe for the nomination! I had fun answering and making up these questions. Did any of my responses surprise you?
-Alyssa J Freitas